- Rent, electricity, wifi – We need to have a place to see people, lights on to do it, and internet for the clients we see via video.
- Taxes – Small business pay a lot of taxes – federal, state, and local taxes. A very large percentage of your investment goes to paying those.
- Cleaning supplies – air purifier/filtration, cleaning solutions/products, PPE. We take a clean space seriously so we make sure we have the best of the best to get it done properly.
- Office supplies – books, paper, ink, pens, art supplies, tissues, etc. all fall into this category. Even our awesome snacks and water fall in this slot. We want to have an office that is welcoming and has all we need to make sure you have the best sessions possible with as many resources as possible.
- Practice insurance – We are required by law to make sure we have adequate business and practice insurance.
- Professional memberships – It’s vital we stay connected with colleagues across the country and globe to make sure we provide the best possible care for you at all times.
- Continuing education – Did you know therapists have to take a bunch of classes every year to keep our licenses? We do! It helps make sure we stay current and don’t get rusty. All of our therapists go above and beyond the requirements to take specialized training like EMDR and brainspotting to make sure we offer cutting-edge trauma therapy to our clients.
- Technology – This is all the software we use, from our website to our secure electronic health records.
- License renewals – We have to renew our licenses in each state we’re licensed in either every year or every two years and each state has its own fee.
- Salaries – We believe in paying our team a living wage. All our staff have a Masters degree or higher and we want to make sure they are well paid and can take care of their own families.
We hope this helps our amazing clients understand where their financial investment in therapy goes. We are privileged to work with our clients and help them meet their goals and live the awesome life they’ve always dreamed of!
If you’re ready to invest in your healing, please feel free to click here and schedule your free, 15-minute consultation to see if we are the best fit for you! We see clients in our Wake Forest, NC office and online in NC, SD, and FL.